Megatrax is a South African market leader in Specialised Rodent Pest Control Industry Established in 1989. Megatrax has kept abreast of international trends, implementing modern techniques with strict quality and safety standards throughout every project.
We are registered PCOs (Pest Control Operators) with the Department of Agriculture with a highly skilled and qualified team to complete the project by following the optimum environment safety standard.
Some people may find them cute and furry but they can make your life a mess. Mice and rats can contaminate food, transfer diseases and they may also be the reason for structural damage altogether. The word rodent is taken from the French word Rodere. The best method of prevention is to restrict their entry otherwise they can do some serious damage once they gain access to your premises.
Types of Rodents
There are different types of rodents and some of them are mentioned below:
- Roof rats
- Norway rats
- House mice
- Deer mice
- Cotton rats
Sealing the entry points can be a good move in restricting the entry of rodents inside your home, office or any other structure. You should also be well aware about the common access points of the rodents. Such access points can be:
- Holes around doors and windows.
- Crawl spaces under the buildings or missing screens in the vents.
- Attics with uncovered ventilation holes or the basement with cracked foundations holes near the appliances pipes or sink.
- Holes near the doors, closets or cabinets.
Measures to Control the Access of Rodents Inside the House
- Maintain the cabinets, crawl spaces, attic, and sink and keep them free from moisture.
- Repair all the leaking pipes efficiently.
- Remove unnecessary fabric, paper or any other identical material that may attract these creepy creatures for nesting.
- Stove top should be free of food scraps.
- Avoid leaving water or pet food overnight.
- Cleaning the recycle bins and garbage is quite essential.
- Compost containers or garbage bins should have tight seals at the top.
These are some of the precaution you can take to restrict the existence of rodents inside your structure. Along with their irritating invading nature, their rebirth capabilities can also be a matter of concern.
Rodent Control in a Professional Manner
Different methods can be levied for controlling rodents. It is always good to make use of professionals as they have the precise measures for identifying rodents and levying the best suited method for the identified rodent specie.
There can be different types of traps for catching rodents like glue traps, electronic traps, live animal traps, snap traps etc. These traps can be effective if they are formed as stated. The main thing is to think and imagine the devastation rodents can make to your home, food and along with that they may also provide you plenty of life threatening diseases as well.
Rodents are responsible for big losses of food, crops, stored items etc. every year all around the world. It can be said that they have become a global issue that needs to be resolved with precision. Contemporary methods have become highly successful in restricting the growth of rodents around the world but still their quantity is sufficient enough to cause devastation. Though, right and effective measure have become successful to restrict them.
Learn more about different rat species.